Over the course of two and half decades RV College of Architecture (RVCA) has earned its reputation as an institution firmly ingrained in pedagogy revolving around academics,
research and consultancy. At present it is globally recognized as a centre of excellence and quality education in the field of Architecture and Urban Design. With its devotion towards the cause of learning architecture, the institute has constantly strived towards bringing together academicians with diverse specializations, academic rigor, self-criticism and self-evaluation with a determined objective of shaping the attitude and work ethics of young minds.
The institute is also proud of its team of highly specialized faculties with diverse work and academic experience who constantly contribute to research and actively participate in the development and upgrading of teaching tools and education quality by instilling academic rigor in the study, critique and design of urban environs.
RVCA’s uncompromising stance towards quality in architectural education sets our students apart, and has also earned our students and faculty several accolades over the years.
Established in the year 1992, R.V. College of Architecture (RVCA) initially started as a Department of Architecture in R. V. College of Engineering (RVCE), Bengaluru. In 1995, the department shifted to an independent new building within the RVCE campus. The department obtained autonomy and renamed to R.V School of Architecture in 2009. Later in the same year, Council of Architecture (COA), India, approved its re-designation to R.V College of Architecture. In 2014, it shifted to a new campus with affiliation to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, Karnataka.
An architecture institute par excellence, nurturing academics, profession and research for a sustainable contemporary society.
- To produce a class of professionals with creative thinking and questioning attitude towards appropriate architecture.
- To be a Centre of excellence for architectural and urban design studies by bringing the best teaching talent, infrastructure and technologies together.
- To be a crucible for promoting research activities in thrust areas of architecture and allied disciplines for societal benefits.
- To share the benefit of intellectual and professional capabilities with society by establishing institutional consultancy.
- To assimilate latest academic developments, pedagogy and learning through international exchange programmes.
APPROVED STUDENT INTAKE:
- B.Arch: 120 students per batch
- M.Arch (U.D): 20 students per batch